Three year project. Four Mogul Master 4X8’s. Electric lifts were horrendous. The voltage regulators and the batteries were getting killed by the lift demand. I created a box to house the pump, battery and controls. I added the up down capability from the box in case something happened. I added the LED backlight to the drag, running from the Optima. I ran a break away coupler to the sled for up / down, 12 volt continuous for charging and a switch for the strobe light, which I find annoying to have on at all times on a small drag. (Blinding)
The new hydraulic is fast, just touch the switch and it lifts / drops. No more waiting for the screw to lift in front of an obstacle.
So here is the process. Any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. I have many more, just have to find them and upload.